The Pentax Espio 738S is a compact 35mm point-and-shoot camera with a high quality 38-70mm zoom lens. This camera was also sold as the IQ-Zoom EZY-S. It’s very similar to the earlier plain 738 and 738G models (the main difference being the body style). The Espio 738 series are, in our opinion, some of the best quality affordable point-and-shoot cameras of the late 90s and early aughts. Their convenient zoom lens offers image quality that rivals much more expensive fixed lens cameras.
- Type:35mm fully automatic leaf-shutter with built-in zoom lens and auto flash
- Film: 35mm (135) film (not included, but available)
- Film loading: Auto film loading. Closing the back cover will automatically wind the film to first exposure.
- Film winding: Auto film-winding, single frame advance mode.
- Film rewinding: Auto start at the end of roll. Auto stop upon completion of rewinding. Rewinding time:approx. 20 sec. with 24-exposure film. Rewinding in midroll provided.
- Frame number: Automatic readout of successive frame numbers in ascending order when shooting, and descending order when rewinding
- Lens: Pentax power zoom 38-70mm f/4.8-8.5 5 elements in 5 groups Angle of view: 59° – 34.5°
- Focusing system:Pentax infrared active autofocusing with focus lock. Range: 0 8m (2 6ft)- mfinity. Maximum magnification approx. 0.1 OX. Focus lock is provided
- Zooming: Electronic zoom in four positions.
- Shutter: Programmed AE electronic shutter with speed approx. 1/300 – 2 sec. Bulb. Electromagnetic release.
- Self-timer: Electronic red lamp indication. Approx. 10 sec. Cancellation after activation is possible.
- Viewfinder: Actual image zoom viewfinder. 83% of field of view ratio. Magnification 0.42X (38mm WIDE) – 0.69 X (70mm TELE), Diopter: -1m Autofocus frame, Picture frame, Close distance compensation frame, Green lamp lighting ( O ): possible to take a picture, Green lamp blinking; When subject is too close and / or flash is being charged.
- Exposure control: Proqrammed auto-exposure control.
- Range: EV10-EV17 at 38mm WIDE EV12.5-EV19 at 70mm TELE in Auto or Daylight-Synchro mode (ISO 400), EV8.0-EV17 at 38mm WIDE EV8.0-EV19 at 70mm in Slow- Shutter-Speed mode,
- Backlight compensation:+1.5EV
- Flash: Built-in flash with red-eye reduction mode, Automatic flash emission mi low luminance, Flash ON=Day-light Synchro/Slow-Shutter-Speed Synchro (up to 2 sec.), Flash-OFF=Flash override, Bulb-Synchro
- Flash effective range: 0.8-7.0m (38mm WIDE), 0.8-4.0m (70mm TELE) (ISO 400 film used).
- Flash recycling time: Approx. 7 sec. under Pentax testing conditions.
- Battery life:Approx. 15 rolls of 24-exposure film when 50% of shooting uses flash (under Pentax testing conditions)
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.